| Home | Photo Gallery | Contact Cindy: cindy@cindywoodward.com | My doctor - Dr. Peter Billing | My nutritionist - Melanie Machado | My Profile on ObesityHelp.com |

My Journey to the New Cindy

Surgery Date - Feb. 13, 2006 --- Starting Weight 341 --- Current Weight 241 --- Total Weight Loss 100

Sunday, August 27, 2006

I have decided since this journal has evolved from my weight loss story to the new life I'm living, I will just have a "What's New" section on my Home Page and I won't update this journal anymore.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

YAY me! Its been 6 months since my surgery and I have lost 100 pounds.

Tuesday, August 8, 2006

I'm still 2 pounds shy of the half way point, but I bought myself and iPod Video to celebrate. This way I can look (...and drool) at John Mayer and Collective Soul while I listen to their music.

And on my social calendar, I'm going with my best friend to see John Mayer on Sept. 23

Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Its been awhile since I have done an update. I have had a few bumps in the road, but nothing major. Had some pains in my stomach, but the doctor checked it out and it was just some inflamed scar tissue, which is all better now. The weight loss is going great. I am so close to the 100lb. weight loss and that will mark my half way point YAY! I feel so much better. I just can't imagine what I will feel like after losing another 100lbs., but I can't wait, I'm sure it will be a wonderful feeling.

My exciting Bigfoot Expedition is next week. I'm excited and a little scared at the same time, but I know it will be great fun.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Wow its been awhile since I have done an update. Time just seems to go by so fast. Seems like every time I sat down to update my website that my cable modem was on the blink and I couldn't do the update. So finally I'm getting around to it.

I had a fantastic time with my aunt and uncle. I will add the pictures soon. I have alot of editing and naming to do on the pictures.

I went hiking again at Tiger Mountain with my friend Kathy from work. We did 5 miles or so. And to my surprise I found a Geocache! I have been visiting the Geocaching website for awhile and even used some reward points from work to get a GPS unit, but have never gone out looking for one yet. While hiking we stopped to take pictures at an overlook spot of Issaquah and I just happened to spot the box half buried in the groud. Don't know what Geocaching is, check out the FAQ's. Pictures from my Geocache find.

I made a technical change so that now when you click on a link from my journal, the journal page also stays open in the background.

Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Happy 4th of July everyone!

My aunt and uncle have been here visiting the past few days and we had a GREAT time. I will update more of what we did and pictures in the next few days. I wish everyday could be like the last few days. I had great fun, but I must admit today I am tired, but that could be because I had to come back to work too. HA HA

Friday, June 30, 2006

I finally had to go get some new clothes. Everything I have is just hanging on me and way to baggy. I went to Nordstrom Rack and I was like a kid in a candy store. It felt terrific to be able to by clothes from a "regular" store and not be limited to just a few speciality size shops. I got 1 pair of pants and 5 pairs of capris and 6 tops. All coordinating in shades of brown, creams, tans, white with some hints of green, orange and yellow. This way I can mix and match all the pants and tops. I love them all so much I can't wait to wear them. Prior to the surgery I was wearing a size 32 and yesterday I bought a size 22. YAY!

My aunt and uncle will be visiting for several days so you will get to see some of my new outfits in the pictures from our visit. Check back in a few days for new pictures. I'm also very excited about their visit.

I did something this morning that I haven't done in years. I polished my toe nails. I haven't done that in years because it was just to physically difficult to do it. It felt so good. Its amazing how good the little things can make you feel.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Cindy wearing belt June 2006

I was acutally able to wear a belt today. I haven't worn a belt in years.

Happy Birthday Dad!

I saw this show on the Discovery Health Channel this morning, Full Body Lift: Valerie's Story. I found this lady to be very inspiring as I might be having this surgery down the road, it all depends on what my body looks like after all the weight loss. Check out her web site if you get a chance Val Rogers.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

WOOHOO 80lbs gone! I'm so happy. 100 is not far away.

I rejoined the YMCA so I can start taking the water aerobics classes and have use of the jacuzzi.

I have family coming the first week of July to visit and I have a very dear friend who is coming to visit in December and I'm so excited and can't wait to see them all.

Via the internet I found another old friend from Florida who now lives in Hawaii. I was so excited to get in touch with my old friend. The internet is an amazing tool.

A friend at work was getting rid of some old books and one of them was the Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, so I grabbed it. I'm all for the natural way of doing things. So I read up on gout and found out that I needed to stop taking the extra vitamin C I was taking. So getting the book was a good thing.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I added a new picture to the photogallery in my new jeans!

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Not to much exciting this past week. Still doing great with losing weight. I'm so happy I did this surgery.

My gout has flaired back up again, but its still worth it for the weight loss.

I have been staying home alot and just "micro" organizing things. Sorting thru pictures, cleaning out old files on my computer, organizing my sewing box. Maybe I have developed OCD, but I feel good about it. HA HA It feels so liberating to get rid of stuff I no longer use and pass it on to someone who might enjoy it and to have things in my life in place.

I have still been shopping alot for little things for my bigfoot camping trip in August. I'm a little scared, but really excited about going. There will be over 50 other people there, but no one that I know. So who's hand am I going to hold when I get scared? HA HA

Well I think I have put off shopping for new clothes as long as I could. I still had lots of clothes in my closet that I couldn't wear before he surgery, but now almost everything fits me. Today I was able to slide my watch off without unfastening it. This is not exactly the same watch that I have, but its as close a picture of my watch as I could find, its the same brand, color and close to the same style click here. Also, I can take my jeans off without unbuttoning or unzipping them and I'm starting to have lots of tension in the muslces in my shoulders because I think my undergarments are no longer supportive. HA HA So tomorrow I think I need to make a trip to the store to get a few new things to hold me over for a few more months.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

I am reorganizing my site right now so some of the links may not work for a day or two until I get everything setup. Thanks!

Not to much excitement this week. My gout is better. YAY! I just stayed around the apartment mostly on my days off and got some more things organized.

I went to Costco to get a few more things for my camping trip in August and ended up getting a new printer-copier-fax-scanner. My old scanner quit working (maybe because I dropped it OOPS). So now I'm going to start scanning pictures from old trips and make special web pages for those past trips.

Tuesday, June 6, 2006

I haven't been feeling well the last few days. I went to the doctor and found out I have gout. She thinks its just temporary, sort of a side effect of the weight loss. I sure hope so, because it is very painful to the joints and makes it difficult to sleep. I read up on gout on the web and a natural remedy is to eat lots of cherries, so I got some at the store today, will let you know if it works.

Sunday, June 4, 2006

I had a busy couple of days off. Friday I went on a 2 1/2 mile hike to Tiger Mountain. Then on Friday night I went to Bingo with some friends.

Saturday I went for a 2 mile hike at 5:30 in the morning on the Sammamish River Trail that runs thru downtown Bothell. Sorry didn't bring my camera for this one, but I will go there again and take some pictures next time.

Thursday, June 1, 2006

I haven't used my BiPap machine all week for my sleep apnea. I'm still keeping it handy just in case, but so far so good. I don't feel tired at work and can still think clearly all the way to the end of my shift. So I'm pretty confident I'm sleeping very well on my own without the aid of the machine.

I just love my new truck! I have enjoyed driving it so much and in the true Woodward tradition, I have it loaded up with all kinds of gadgets for any type of emergency. I'm prepared for almost anything!

What a change my life has made. I spent $8 at the grocery store for a week's worth of food and $51 to fill up my truck with gas. But to me its a great trade off!

Monday, May 28, 2006

Well there is not much to update from the weekend. Sunday I was a lazy bum and didn't go anywhere. My legs were very sore from the hike on Saturday, so I just stayed home and did some laundry. I did sew some patches on my backpack that I have been meaning to do for years. I sewed the oldest patch on first. Its over 10 years old, but finally I got to it!

Saturday, May 27, 2006

70 pounds!!! YAY!!!

Thursday I went to see The Da Vinci Code and I enjoyed it very much. I have read the book and that opened my mind to look at more things in the world.

Friday I didn't go anywhere. I had stayed up late the night before surfing the web and watching TV so I didn't wake up until 1pm. So I just spent the day organizing and cleaning out more things in my apartment.

Saturday, my friend Kathy from work, came over and first we went to Flower World, which was amazing and all the plants and flowers smelled fantastic. I want to go back to Flower World just to walk thru the gardens. Even though its a business they have it setup like a park.

Once we left Flower World, he headed to the Ice Caves. It was a beautiful hike and I enjoyed it very much. I can't wait to go on another hike. See the pictures from hike here.

I still have Sunday and Monday morning off. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, but I will have an update here.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Tomorrow I start a 4 day weekend YAY! I have alot planned, a zoo down in Tacoma, a hike, then the fun stuff, laundry and house cleaning! I'll post an update on Sunday with pictures from the zoo and the hike. I won't bore you with pictures of the laundry and house cleaning HA HA!

Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm going in search of bigfoot! I'm planning on going on a weekend expedition in August with The Bigfoot Field Researchers Organiztion.

I have to keep a little humor in things. A few days ago I mentioned I had moved my big bookshelf into my dining room. So now instead of using it as a space to expand my behind, I'm using it as a space to expand my mind. HA HA!!

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Added pictures from Woodland Park Zoo visit.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Well, my sleep schedule was kind of off today, so I didn't end up going anywhere. So the day wouldn't be a waste, I did move my big bookshelf into the dining room area and sorted and put all my books on it. Now I have kind of a little reading area.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Today I went to renew my passport. I'll need it for a visit to Victoria Canada this summer and for my dream trip next year to Antarctica. Even though you don't need a passport to go to Antarctica, you need one to travel thru Peru and Argentina to get to the ship to take the cruise to Antarctica.

My plan for today after getting my passport renewed was to go to see The Da Vinci Code, but when I woke up I decided I wanted to go to the zoo. I'm so glad I decided to go to the zoo instead of the movie. I really enjoyed the walk thru the Woodland Park Zoo and viewing all the animals.

Something I realized today from reading back in my online journal, that my eyes were opened to the fact that my life is changing from being focused on food to being focused on living life again.

I'm really tired tonight after a day at the zoo, but its a good kind of tired. A kind of tired that has a feeling of acomplishment to it. I want to do something tomorrow, but I only have the morning free because I have to sleep for work tomorrow night. There is another zoo down in Tacoma, Washington, but I think that might be to far to go in the few hours I have in the morning. Maybe I'll go to the Burke Museum over by the University of Washington. Its kind of like a small natural history museum.

I have some pictures to post, but I'm really tired, so I'll post the pictures later.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Today I have Cirque du Soliel overdose I think. When I woke up this afternoon I was just channel surfering and Cirque du Soliel Midnight Sun was on the Bravo channel. The I got ready and went to see Varekai live here in Seattle. The show was FANTASTIC! I got the special package with a reception prior to the show. The had the most unusual hors devours I have ever had and the presentations were amazing. I'm glad it was hors devours, since they were small sizes it gave me the chance to taste 1 of everything.

The show was so magical. I'm sure I sat there with my mouth open most of the time. It is just amazing what people can train their bodies to do. If you get the chance to ever go to any Cirque du Soliel show......GO! You will be so glad you did. The costumes, sets and performers are all just so amazing.

When I got home from the show, I still had the TV on the Bravo channel and Cirque du Soliel Alegria was on!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I had a very busy, but great day today. I went to the nutritionist and my doctor for routine follow-up and everything is going great. I signed up for a seminar with my nutritionist and a psychologist for tools for weight loss surgery patients. The seminar is to help you thru the transition in every aspect from food, to feelings, to relationships.

I got a Land Rover!

Thursday night I am going to see Cirque du Soleil, Varekai . I saw their show, "O" , in Las Vegas last May and it was just magical.

I put a new picture in the Photo Gallery

I have started doing yoga in the mornings when I get home from work. I enjoy it so much. Here's the show I follow, Inhale on the Oxygen Channel

Saturday, May 13, 2006

FINALLY the scale moved! It was getting a bit depressing that the scale hadn't gone down for over 2 weeks, but finally today it went down. I know I shouldn't let what the scale shows get me down, because I can tell for sure my clothes are getting so baggy, but I have never had baggy clothes, so I'm enjoying that feeling!

I see my doctor on Tuesday so I will get them to take a new picture to post in the photo gallery.

I have touched base with so many old friends lately, even though its been years since I have talked to them, it only seems like days, but I guess when you are good friends, time doesn't matter.

Tuesday, May 9, 2006

Its been awhile since I'm posted an update, but not much has changed. I've been at a plateau with my weight loss and haven't lost anything for 2 weeks. I know I need to get really motivated in my exercising to get the weight loss going again.

I can really feel my weight loss now, even though the scale hasn't changed lately, all my clothes are getting so baggy and I love that feeling. I haven't bought any new clothes yet. I still plan on waiting until I have nothing left to wear so it will still be many months before I get to that point.

I got a new bike a couple of days ago, but it has been raining the past couple of mornings when I got home so I haven't ridden it yet, but I'm planning on it on my days off this week.

Community Services for the Blind was not able to take all the boxes I had, so my dining room has still been a temporary storage area. Today I took as many boxes as I could fit in my car to Goodwill, but I still have 4 boxes left to get rid of. So Plan on taking those to Goodwill tomorrow.

Since I never really used my dining room as a place to eat, I'm going to move my large bookshelf in there and make it sort of a library area. I moved my bed to the smaller bedroom, since all I really do in there is sleep, the smaller room is fine. I am going to make the master bedroom my own personal gym area. I got a weight bench and weight set and I have one of those balance balls and the exercise bands. On my days off this week I'm going to get it all setup so I can start using it. And I am going to get a little TV with a DVD and VCR player built in so I can play my exercise tapes and DVDs. I also want to start trying yoga. I feel the need to stretch out my body and soul. ;)

I didn't realize how many of my friends and family have really been following my online journal, so I will make it a priority to keep it more up to date. Thank you all for your love and encouragement.

One of my goals is to take a cruise next year. I'm so excited about planning this and getting ready for it.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Things are going very well. I'm having no problems eating now and trying lots of new foods, at home of course, just in case there is a problem. I was told before sugery that lots of people have problems with salad after the surgery, but I've had no problems at all. My nutritionist wants me to try to eat enough protein in my meals so that I don't have to drink the protein drinks, which I'm not complaining about. So I have been making salads with chicken, tuna or crab and this wonderful Honey Ginger salad dressing I found. I think I'm addicted to it, I just love the ginger flavor. I read the ginger is also good for soothing the stomach, especially if you get motion sickness, so thats probably an added benenfit for my stomach, even though I don't get motion sickness.

Community Services for the Blind has a truck coming on Wednesday to pickup all the boxes of stuff I have cleaned out. I'm so happy to get rid of all that extra junk. I hope they have a big enough truck! I'll post the final box count once they take it all away. And I'll finally have my dining room back because right now its full of boxes.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter to all!

Things have been going well. I'm back at work and still losing weight. My life seems to have settled, somewhat back into a routine.

I'm still struggling with getting motivated to exercise, but I'm keeping at it and not giving up.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

It seems like I haven't updated my journal in forever, but its only been 11 days and 5 lbs. later. I've had some good days and bad days, but I'm steadily losing.

I'm having a hard time readjusting to my 3rd shift sleeping scheduling. I saw my sleep doctor today and we made some adjustments to the sleep apnea machine that should help and I got some herbal Valerian Root and Melatonin so hopefully things will start working out better with my sleep.

So far the hardest to me, has been getting motivated to start exercising. I have been to the physical therapist for exercise evaluation and gotten a list of exercises, but I have only done them about 3 times. I just can't seem to get going on it. I have been getting my exercise by spring cleaning and running errands. As a result of my spring cleaning though, I have aggrevated the herniated disc in my back so now I have to go to physical therapy twice a week for 2 months for that. So maybe once I get started going to that, it will help me to keep going.

Friday, March 31, 2006

This has been a busy week for me. I've had lots of errands to run, but it feels good to get outside and be busy doing things.

I'm able to eat food now! YAY! It still have to be pretty soft food and very wet. I got a bowl of chicken, mushrooms, onions and zuchini from a Chinese restaurant near my apartment and that was 3 meals for me. I never thought I would be able to eat so little and feel satisfied, but it really is true. And now I'm craviing vegetables. I still miss pizza and hamburgers, but I'm sure soon I will be able to have those too. But now 1 slice of pizza will satisfy me or 1 small hamburger, or like a kids meal. And surprising I don't really miss soda at all. I mainly just drink water, water, water and sometimes I have a cup of hot tea. and I use 1/2 of low acid orange juice to mix with my protein shake, which I have 3 times a day.

I have been putting on clothes I haven't worn in over a year because they were to tight and now they are baggy and that feels so good! I'm not going to shop for anything new until what I have is just falling off of me.

I have also been cleaning out the clutter in my life. Its almost like I have become obsessive complusive about cleaning out everything, drawers, closets, boxes, books, clothes, my kitchen, my bathroom. I'm just getting down to the basics of life and the things I really love and that make me feel happy to have around and getting rid of all the other junk that is just cluttering up my living space.

I go back to work tomorrow night and I'm so ready. I'm ready to get back to work and back to a regular schedule. I still have 4 different doctor's appointments next week, but mainly just routine checkups and follow up visits. But after next week it should be 3 months before I have to go back and see any doctors again for followup. I love my doctors, but lately I have been seeing way to much of them HAHA.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I had my last dialation today YAY! The doctor said I was doing very well and did not need the last one on Friday, BUT, he put me on a liquid diet again for 2 days. I was just enjoying my soft foods and savoring every delious bite and now back to liquids for 2 days.

Yesterday was such a beautiful day I opened all the windows and aired out my apartment and did a little spring cleaning, but I think I over did it and now my left leg is bothering me a little from my herniated disk. Thank goodness it doesn't cause me a back ache, it just pinches the nerve to my leg. Yesterday I felt so good and everything was going great so hopefully today is just a small bump in the road and by tomorrow I'll be feeling great again.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

I'm so happy today...I'm no longer a member of the 300 club.....I'm now 296!!! I'm so glad my plateau is over and I'm losing weight again. I can eat about a 1/4 cup of soft foods, so that is making me feel better too, rather than the strictly liquid diet.

Friday, March 24, 2006

I lost a pound!!! YAY

I had my 4th dialation today, everything went fine. The doctor said its going good, so I'm trying a little bit more soup today and so far, so good. So I'm in good spirits today.

I still have 2 more dialations next week and hopefully that will be the last time I see the inside of a hospital for a long time.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

I'm in a bit of a funk. Its been 2 weeks and I haven't lost any weight even though I have been on a liquid diet.

After my procedure this past Tuesday my doctor said he was very pleased with my progress and I could have pureed food. I tried some soup on 3 different occasions and it did not stay with me. So I'm a little nervous about what he will see tomorrow because that is not a good sign for my stomach.

I'm able to drink my protein drinks and water and taking my vitamins which are all chewable and some are liquid. So I know I'm getting my nutrition. But I do want some more solid type food, but my stomach doesn't seem to want any right now.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

I have been writing about all "my" experiences from my weight loss surgery, but I must take time to say how wonderful my doctor, Dr. Peter Billing, my nutritionist, Melanie Machado, the nurses and all his staff have been and all the staff at the hospital. They couldn't be a more caring, understanding and comforting group of people. It feels so good to have such support throughout this whole processes, not only when you are feeling good and losing weight, but when you have problems and feel bad.

I developed a stricture in my stomach where the stomach connects to the small intestine. The stricture narrows and makes it difficult to get down anything more than fluids.

I have to go in twice a week for the next 3 weeks to have the stricture dialated to open it up slowly. Its slightly scary, but I am going to follow the doctors orders and make sure all goes well and I heal well so I can get back to normal life.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

I just got home from the hospital. I feel much better, but still tired and its amazing how you can gain 6 pounds from ice chips! Ok ok, it wasn't just the ice chips it was all the IV fluids.

Last Tuesday solid food wouldn't stay down and I had a problem with it the rest of the week. So on Friday I went to the doctor and was very dehydrated. So they sent me to the hospital, as an outpatient for some IV fluids. Also, they did a CT scan to see what was going on. I felt much better after the IV fluids and the CT scan showed everything normal, but the doctor came in and talked to me and said he really needed to take a look in my stomach to make sure everything was ok.

Well he looked in my stomach and I have a little stricture in my stomach, that is why I couldn't keep anything solid down. Its just to big to get past the stricture. So he used a little balloon thing to dialate the stricture and I'll have to have it done again this coming week. Since I was on anesthesia for the procedure they kept me overnight, plus he wanted and Upper GI done the next morning to make sure nothing was leaking and to recheck my bloodwork. Which it wasn't.

I still don't feel great, but I sure do feel alot better than I did on Friday. I have to be really careful now and make sure I keep track of how much water I am drinking. I have to have at least 2 liters a day minimum.

Thursday, March 9, 2006

I have not been feeling well at all the last few days with lots of weird symptons. I have an appointment tomorrow to see the doctor. Hopefully, its all just a normal part of healing and recovery, but we'll see.

Monday, March 6, 2006

I started back to work on Saturday night and everything went very well. I was ready for bed as soon as I got home, but I know if few weeks I'll be back on my regular schedule where I can stay up for a few hours after I get home. Right now I think I just need the extra sleep as part of the recovery from surgery and the change in my sleep schedule.

Sunday I had a bad experience at work after eating some salmon. But my co-workers for very understanding that I needed to take a break. And eventually everything was ok and I made it thru the rest of the night with no problems.

Tonight is Monday night, so I'm playing it safe with just water, my protein drinks and peppermint tea, no solid foods tonight for me.

Friday, March 2, 2006

Wednesday I went and got my hair highlighted and cut and it looks so cute, but I don't have a picture of it yet. I'll get one as soon as I can, hopefully this weekend.

I also did a little shopping and alot of walking on Wednesday and had a great day, but Thursday I just felt wiped out all day. And nothing I ate seemed to agree with me all day long.

Today I saw the nutritionist and everything is going well. All my ups and downs with foods are natural and its a "relearning" how to eat experience. I learn from all the "down" experiences so that I have more "up" experiences with food. My weight loss is great, 36 pounds so far.

I go back to work tomorrow and I'm a little excited and apprehensive. I want to be very careful with the food I take for lunch and snacks because I don't want to have any "bad" food experiences at work.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Last night was a pretty rough night. I know I started solid foods alot sooner than I should have but last night I thought my insides were going to come out, so that taught me a hard lesson.... go back to protein drinks!

Even though yesterday I knew because of my engery level I knew I needed to have more protein drinks and last night just drove home the fact.

This morning I felt kind of sluggish when I first woke up, but I pushed myself to make a protein shake with orange juice, fresh banana and frozen strawberries. Its not fantastic, but its drinkable and I sure do feel alot better. A friend called just a little while after I drank it and she said I sounded so perky. So I'm going to keep experimenting with ice and other frozen fruits to make it into a better tasting smoothie type drink.

Tomorrow I made an appointment at Gene Juarez Salon to get get my hair highlighted to a lighter blonde and cut into a cute style and get my eyebrows waxed. I'll post a picture after I have it done.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Today I had a very light breakfast of cream of wheat. Then started out with an list of errands. I felt like I really needed to get out of the apartment

I did a couple of little quick things on my list and decided to drive up to a new outlet mall that opened last year and I just hadn't made it up there yet. I walked about halfway around the mall and just felt like every step was getting to be a struggle. In my mind I knew its probably because I had such a light breakfast. I stopped at a vitamin store to try to find a chewable iron and B Complex, because I have been taking liquid which don't taste very good at all. The lady there was so nice and helpful I will definitely go back when I need more vitamins. But one thing she got thru to me, when I couldn't seem to get it myself, was I haven't been getting enough protein and thats why I'm so low on energy. She gave me some really good hints on trying to make my protein drinks taste alot better. I just couldn't push myself to shop anymore or even go to the Wal-Mart right next to the mall. I knew something was wrong if I didn't have the energy to shop at Wal-Mart!

So I drove home, but felt like I didn't even have the energy to make anything to eat or drink myself, so I stopped at the Keg and had grilled salmon and mashed potatoes. I felt much better after eating the salmon.

So on the way home I stopped at the grocery store and got some bananas and orange juice to help improve the flavor of the protein drinks. I made one when I got home and with a little added Splenda, it wasn't to bad. Its still not my favorite, but I can definitely tell a difference in my energy level, so I know have it thru the thick head, that having plenty of protein is very important.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Well I'm happy to report, no unpleasant experiences today YAY!

I still don't feel like I have lost weight, but I know by the scale I have. My pants feel a little looser so thats a good sign. Also, I have a jacket I bought last year and I was never able to zip it up, I could snap the top 2 snaps to keep in closed, but I really liked it so I bought it anyway. Well yesterday I was able to zip it all the way up. That felt really good.

After 2 weeks have having a very good look at the inside of my apartment I feel I have to much stuff......but don't we all sometimes. So I have decided along with losing weight I have going to lose some junk. If I don't use it often, it's going in the goodwill box. I have a 2 bedroom apartment, but my second bedroom has become a junk room that I can barely get in because its so full. I have started gathering a pile of stuff in the dining room and it feels good. But I know it will feel even better when its all gone.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Well today again I had another "learning experience". I ate some ground beef to fast and it got "clogged". It causes a pain like you have to burp, but that uncomfortable feeling stays there and intensifies. I wanted to burp, throw or have someone pop the balloon I felt will growing in my stomach. I frantically sipped some water hoping to wash things down, but instead it all came back up, which is gross, but brought such relief. Whew......don't want to go thru that again.

One thing I also noticed today is that when you take a bite of something you really like you enjoy that first burst of flavors that hits your tongue. The more and more you chew the more those flavors go away and its starts to taste like mush and it seems to me once you get to that mush point, no matter what the food started out to be or taste like if you chew it long enough it all turns to and tastes like mush. But for me I have to chew it to mush or it doesn't go down very well, so I guess I have to enjoy and savor that little burst of flavor in the first few chews.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tuesday I had my drain tube removed YAY! And the doctor stopped all my Diabetes medications. I felt so good the rest of the day.

Wednesday I woke up and felt like having scrambled eggs and grits. Cream of Wheat and Malt-O-Meal are on the list of approved foods, but I "assumed" since they don't eat grits up here they wouldn't think to put them on the list. I made sure the eggs were really soft and the grits were really soupy. I usually like my grits thick, but I had to make them soupy so I wouldn't have any problems with my stomach. Well, my stomach didn't like them at all. I felt yucky all day long.

I had a doctor's appointment with my primary care doctor and even though I was feeling yucky I went. She was so happy with my weight loss so far. Today's weight 316. I went primarily to ask about stopping some of my other medications. She didn't want to stop all my blood pressure medications at once because she said we had to like wean off of them so she cut the dosage in half and I go back in 4 weeks to recheck everything.

After feeling so yucky all day today I mostly just slept. I am realizing my foods tastes are changing. Some things that I used to love just seem to make me feel nauseous just thinking about them.

At lunch time I went to the deli at the grocery store and got 4 baked chicken legs. They were soooooo good. I had 2 and saved 2 for later. The meat was so tender and tasted so good, but I made sure to chew everything very very well. My stomach felt a little better after that. Of course I removed the skin and Ralphie really enjoyed it. HAHA

Monday, February 20, 2006

I forgot to mention earlier that on Friday my doctor stopped all my diabetes medications YAY!

I just woke up and still a little sleepy, but one of the first things I do is get on the scale, 321 YAY.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Yesterday I had my first unpleasant experience. First thing in the morning I had an Ensure High Protein drink, its important for me to have alot of protein and low carbs. This Ensure drink was to high in carbs and gave me something called "dumping syndrome". I won't go into the ugly details, but basically you eat and in 5 minutes or less you are in the restroom. Finally after about 6 hours and lots of sleeping I was very hungry, but afraid to have anything with carbs in it. I gave into my craving for some scrambled eggs. I made sure they were very very soft. They were delisious and no more quick trips to the restroom, so I consider them a success, even though it was 2 days earlier than I was supposed to have soft foods.

I weighed this morning, 325 YAY! I still feel like I am playing catch-up because I was down to 330 before going into the hospital then up to 344 while in the hospital without barely eating anything and then had to relose that 14 lbs. again. So even though I'm happy about the weight loss I don't feel overly happy yet. I think when I get to 299, that will be an exciting moment for me. Hopefully that will be in the next couple of weeks.

I have been thinking about doing something to celebrate mile markers in my weight loss, but haven't decided yet. I was thinking of maybe getting a charm bracelet and then getting a charm say for every 50 lbs or something. I don't know yet, still playing around with the idea.

Friday, February 17, 2006

I'm feeling great today. I had filet mignon (beef broth) for breakfast. And a chocolate (protein) shake. Actually its not bad at all. The protein shake really does taste like a chocolate milkshake. I haven't been hungry really, but I am craving some scrambled eggs.....maybe in a few weeks.

I weighed 330 the day I went into the hospital and 344 by the time I left, but I was told it was all the IV fluids. I am down to 336 today so I am happy to see the scale going down, but I feel like I had to back track a little. Honestly though it hasn't even been a week yet so I have nothing to complain about.

I go see the doctor on Tuesday and I can't wait for that....I get my drain tube removed. It doesn't really bother me except I am always cautious of it with clothes and when trying to get comfortable in bed without feeling like I'm causing any problem with the drain. I don't think I have been really, you just get a little paranoid about tubes and things that are hanging out of your body.

February 16, 20006

Just a short hi to everyone. I'm doing well. Going to stay at my best friend's house for the weekend so I will update more once I get to her house, but just wanted to let everyone know everything went very well. The first couple of days I was very sore, but I'm feeling pretty good today, just still have to walk very slowly. I'll update more soon.

February 12, 2006

Well tomorrow is the big day. I'm pretty nervous tonight, but I'm still excited and can't wait to buy new clothes in much smaller sizes. It will be a few days before I post another update, so wish me luck!

February 7, 2006

This is picutre of me 1 week prior to surgery out to dinner with a friend who is visiting from New York.

Cindy 1 Week Before Surgery

February 4, 2006

My incisions are itching so I take that as a good sign they are healing. I'm still a little sore, but overall I feel really good.

I'm not going to post another picture until the day before my surgery then probably put up a new one once a month to see my progress. But I have lost 9 lbs so far just because of the gallbladder surgery and the low fat diet I'm on prior to the surgery.

February 3, 2006

Last night was the hardest so far, I was pretty stiff and sore, but after a hot shower and a good night's sleep I feel much better this morning. And I have lost 7 lbs. since last Friday YAY!

February 1, 2006

I had my gallbladder removed yesterday in preparation for my gastric bypass surgery on Feb. 13. I'm stiff and sore today, but its not to bad.

January 31, 2006

I have struggled with my weight just about my entire life. I had decided to take a big step and have weight loss surgery. I'm scheduled for surgery on February 13, 2006. I'm both excited and nervous, but I know this is the answer for me.

Cindy July 2005

This is me in July 2005 standing in the Pacific Ocean in Ocean Shores, Washington. The yellow tshirt is a 6x.

Come back and visit each month to see a whole lot less of me

| Home | Photo Gallery | Contact Cindy: cindy@cindywoodward.com |